Competitions are held at National or Regional level and feature regularly on the Fred Astaire Dance Studios annual calendar. Competitions allow students to meet, mingle and compete with other student dancers, as well as allow students to show what they have learnt in a public arena. They can take home Bronze, Silver or Gold Awards. Competitions also allow students to rapidly progress their dance goals, should they choose to.
- 27 march 2017 – Group Class “Tango” & Practice Session
- 7 April 2017 – Group Class & Social
- 14 April 2017 – Studio Closed
- 21 April 2017 – Group Class & Social
- 28 April 2017 – Group Class & Practice Session
- 29 April 2017 – Student Exams
A variety of other events are also offered throughout the year. These could be showcases, spotlight dances, charitable events, themed dance parties, and more. Participating in these events gives every student and student/teacher team the opportunity to progress more rapidly in their dance goals and have fun along the way.